Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
by Morgan | October 8, 2018
After we made this Quilt-As-You-Go Casserole Caddy using the Rosewood collection (you can buy your kit here), we knew we needed something beautiful to show you for photography, so Jen made some chicken enchiladas. Well, we're fortunate enough that Jen shares her food with us - that pan of enchiladas was gone so quickly it wasn't even funny! I can't tell you how delicious these were, and I knew you'd love these, so I asked Jen if I could share the recipe here for you and she graciously agreed.
We hope you enjoy these chicken enchiladas. If you make them, let us know how it went in the comments!
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1-1.5 lbs of boneless chicken breast
- 4.5 ounce can of mild or medium chopped green chiles
- 28 ounce can of medium green enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces of shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 ounce block of cream cheese (for fewer calories – use the 1/3 less fat)
- Bunch of cilantro - chopped
- 1 package of 8” flour tortillas
Make the Enchiladas:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grill or pan fry boneless chicken breast. Remove from pan and chop into small pieces.
- In pan on low-medium heat, add the cream cheese, chopped green chilis and approximately 1/3 - 1/2 of the enchilada sauce stirring frequently until melted and well mixed together.
- Spray casserole dish with a baking spray and gently wipe off any extra spray.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/2 to 3/4 cup chicken mix. Add some pepper jack cheese and cilantro and fold up tortilla.
- Place in baking dish.
- Continue process until casserole dish is full. Tortillas will be touching each other in the pan.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas trying to cover as much of the tortillas as possible. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes uncovered.
Serve as is or add fresh cut grape tomatoes, cilantro, avocado and/or sour cream on top.
To Make your Own Casserole Caddy
Watch the full video (below) and learn how to make your own casserole caddy using the pre-printed batting from June Tailor.
If you'd like to make your own look exactly like ours, you can buy your kit on our website today, or pick up the pre-printed batting and your favorite fabric collection. Here's another look at it:
Thanks for stopping by! If you have a recipe you'd like to share with us, send us a message or let us know in the comments and we might feature it on the blog! ;)